3D Butterfly Adorns the
Fun Flower Post it Note Cover
This would be a great gift for someone decorating a new office, a teacher, family member or a good friend.
It’s a simple quick project that gives a big Wow after your finished.
2. Score at 3-1/8, 3-1/2, 6-1/2, and 6-7/8
3. Line up label collection framlit 4 at the top
Tip: count the framelits starting from the center, ( smallest framelit) until you get to the 4th one
Tip: The top is the side with the shortest distance from the first score line, the bottom forms a 3-1/8 x 3-1/2 box from the last score line to the edge of the paper.
4. Using the Big Shot and the Magnetic Platform layer the clear plate 1/2 way from the left point to the right point only cutting the top half of the die and the paper as shown. Also cut 1 label for the sentiment using label collection framelit # 2 in Daffodil Delight, stamp your sentiment and set aside
5. Next stamp both sides of the Post It Note cover base with the Flowering Flourishes Stamp in Versamark Ink and heat Emboss it with the gold embossing powder and set with the heat tool
6. Punch out 3 Fun Flowers in Daffodil Delight Card Stock, then sponge the edges with Black Berry Bliss Ink
7. Using a bone folder shape each petal under and every other petal over, to give them a realistic shape
8. Stack the 3 flowers by using a glue dot in between each layer off setting the petals.
Tip: You may also use a brad to stack the flower, I found it was just easier for me to use the glue dot
Prepare The Butterfly
9. Stamp 1 large Papillon Potpourri Butterfly in Versamark Ink on the black berry bliss card stock and heat emboss in the gold embossing powder, Punch out using the Elegant Butterfly Punch
10. Stamp the small Papillon Potpourri Butterfly in Black Berry Bliss ink on daffodil delight card stock and punch out with the itty bitty punch
Tip: You may shape the butter fly and puff it to add a more 3d effect to the project, see the tutorial at this link, http://www.leahscards.wordpress.com/2014/04/08/creative-elements-butterfly-3d-technique-tuesday/
12. Now glue the 3d flower to the top flap of the post it note cover
13. Center the 3×3 Post It Note pad and adhere with adhesive to the inside center panel of the cover base
14. Add the Super Slim Small Magnetic + disc or Velcro with red sticky strip or a very strong adhesive to the underside of the cover top flap. Center and add the – magnet to the underside of the bottom of the post it note cover.
15. Embellish with Rhinestones and enjoy
Fun Flower Punch, item #133785
Labels Collection Framelits, item # 125598
Elegant Butterfly Punch, item #127526
Bitty Butterfly Punch, item #129406
Feels Good Stamp set, item #129684
Flowering Flourishes Stamp set, item #126367 – Clear, 131998 – Wood
Papillon Potpourri Butterfly, item #123759 – clear, 132058 – Wood
Gold Stampin Emboss Powder, item #109129
Versamark Watermark Ink Pad item #102283
Super Slim Small Magnetic disc or Velcro
Simply Scored, item #122334
Stamping Sponge, item # 11610
Daffodil Delight Card stock, item #119683
Black Berry Bliss Card stock, item #133675
Black Berry Bliss Ink Pad , item #133642
Big Shot, Item#11439
Big Shot Magnetic Platform, Item#130658
Bone Folder, item #102300
Sticky Strip, item #104294
Glue Dots, item #103683
Basic Jewels Rhinestones, item #119246
Stampin Up Heat Tool, item #129053
3×3 Post It Note
Thank you so much for stopping by
and to all my subscribers,
For being a valued part of Leah’s Cards!