Check out the second card Project created for
Leah’s Cards Anniversary Celebration Month
The Newborn King!
When designing this artsy card I used sponge daubers and ink to create a bright star lite sky illuminating the earth to celebrate and announce the birth of the Newborn King and Savor, Jesus Christ!
Cut 1 piece of Night of Navy card stock to 5-1/2 x 11″ and fold in half to 5-1/2 x 4-1/4
Cut 2 piece of gold foil sheets to, 5-1/4 x 4″ center and attach 1 piece with adhesive to the top of the night of navy card base and the other you will center and attach for the inside of the card
Cut 2 piece of shimmery white card stock to 5 x 3-3/4 set on aside we will use it for the inside of the card
Creating Focal Image:
* Take 1 of the shimmery white 5 x 3-3/4 card stock pieces and stamp the Newborn King stamp main and star image in versa mark water mark ink, heat emboss using gold embossing powder and set with the Stampin heat tool.
* Next add some crumb cake ink at thae very bottom of the image by using a clean sponge dauber. Start off the page and work the ink inward onto the bottom of the focal image
Tip: When shading and adding ink with the sponge dauber start off the page on a piece if scrap to prime the ink and work in a circular motion onto the project.
* Now using another clean sponge dauber add So Saffron ink, layering it slightly by over lapping it at the top of the crumb cake ink to give it a soft graduale blend of color moving upward from the bottom.
Tip: Don’t forget to always prime your dauber off the page so that you get a smooth transition of color rather then a harsh transition line.
* Add Pink Pirouette ink, slightly overlapping the So Saffron.
Tip: Each hue will get lighter as you get closer to the stars. You want to leave some white space around the stars so they look like they are shining brightly.
Coloring The Night Sky:
* Start off the page using a sponge dauber and Soft Sky ink filling in the sky and all outer edges
* Next leaving some of the soft sky ink to show add night of navy ink with a clean dauber
Tip: you do not want the pink pirouette to touch the blue sky so leave some white space above the pink pirouette so that the hues of yellow and pink give the sky the allusion that the darkness is all around the star lite sky.
* Stamp the sentiment (Merry Christmas) using versa Mark water mark ink and heat emboss it with white embossing powder
* Color the All Is Calm Snowflake Embellishment with the blendabilities Daffodil Delight darkest alcohol marker to change the silver snowflake gold, then adhere with fast fuse adhesive over the stamped embossed star off setting the star points.
* Glue now completed focal image panel to the center of the gold foil panel.
How To Color The Trees and Holy Family Using A Blender Pen and Ink:
Tip: When using the blender pen you can pick up the ink on to the nib of the pen by using a ink refill or a Stampin write maker and drop a little ink on a clear block, craft mat or press the inside cover of the ink pad and pick up the ink from the inside lid.
* Color Mary’s garment and accent Joseph belt and head cover in real red.
* Then color Mary head piece, Josheph’s clothing and highlight Jesus’s basket in white with the Uni-ball white gel pen.
* Next color and accent the trees with the blender pen by dipping the tip of the pen in the red ink to color the waves on the trees, once you have colored the the trees red scrbble the access ink of a piece of scrap paper until the blender pen runs clear
Inside Card Instructions:
* Stamp the Newborn King stamp set star in the top center of the Shimmery white card stock you cut earlier, with the Versa Mark water mark ink and heat emboss it with gold embossing powder
* Add some sparkle by adding some glue to the center of the star using the two way glue pen and dust it with dazzling diamonds glitter for a touch of sparkle
* Next stamp the Glory to the Newborn King in night of Navy and then stamp the sentiment message from the Newborn king set, off to the right in Encore Gold Metallic ink.
heat set to dry with your Stampin heat tool. If you want to take it a step further add clear embossing powder to the wet ink and then heat set.
* Adhere the Gold Foil cardstock to the inside Night of Navy card stock with adhesive
* Lastly center and layer the inside sentiment panel on top of the Gold Foil panel then adhere to the inside base and enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by!
To purchase the products used please click the shop now tabs or email me at http://www.LeahsCards@live.com
The Newborn King Stamp set, item #135113 clear & wood, item #135110
Night of Navy Card Stock, item#100867
Shimmery White Card Stock, item #101910
Gold Foil Sheets, item #132622
Gold Embossing Powder, item #109129
Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Item#133751
Versa Mark Ink item #102283
Metallic Encore Ink Gold, item #132141
Blender Pen, item #102845
Daffodil Delight Blendabilities Marker, item #130998
Sponge Daubers, item #133773
Uni-ball white gel pen, item #105021
Stampin Heat tool, item #12953
two way glue pen, item # 100425
Fast Fuse Adhesive, item # 129026
Soft Sky Ink
Night of Navy Ink
Pink Pirouette Ink
Crumb Cake Ink
So Saffron Ink
Real Red Ink
Cajun Craze Ink
Chocolate Chip Ink
Please come back and visit again!
If you are in need of a Stampin Up Demonstrator I would love to earn your business.
Contact me at LeahCards@live.com and I can help you get started