Stampin Up Butterfly Basics Bundle is a must have!
This card was inspired by a card project I found in the new Occassions Catalog to be released January 6, 2015. I love the images and dies in this bundle, the butterflies are elegant and so intricate they look like they are fluttering off the card. The thank you sentiment is from the Blooming with kindness stamp set and the background was created using the pillow top technique. I cut out the butterfly dies and colored them with DIY shimmer mist.
As a Stampin UP Demonstrator I received the latest Stampin Up Occasions Catalog during the Catalog pre-release celebration held earlier this month and we are currently allowed as demonstrators to pre-order the products so that we can begin creating card projects to help inspire you our customers. If you would like to become a Stampin UP Demonstrator and join me in receiving a great discount, potential to earn extra income as well as to receive the latest Stampin Up products ahead of the public, send me an email at LeahsCards@live.com and I will tell you how you can get started on this wonderful journey with me as a Independent Stampin Up Demonstrator.
The annual Sale-A- Bration and Occasions catalog promo is really exciting. Their will be rewards of free products and a fresh new product line for the spring. So keep checking back to http://www.LeahsCards.com, for updates as I prepare for this wonderful, highly anticipated annual event.
If you are a current customer of Leah’s Cards you will receive your copy of the New catalogue starting December 22, 2014. As a gift from me to you for being a valued customer.
You can begin purchasing the new products on January 6, 2015-March 31, 2015.
If you do not have a Stampin Up Demonstrator, I would love the opportunity to help you and earn your business. If you will email me your mailing address I will be happy to get the latest catalogs sent to you.
Please subscribe to Leah’s Cards to get card making and crafting tutorials as well as the latest Stampin Up promotions.
If you leave me a kind comment you will be entered into an automatic drawing held at the end of each month. The winner will receive a gift from me as a thank you for being a valued subscriber of Leah’s Cards. You must be a subscriber in order to be entered into the drawing.
Inks: Calypso Coral, Lost Lagoon, Pear Pizzazz
Stamp Sets: Butterfly Basics Bundle, Blooming With Kindness
Card Stock: Whisper White, Calypso Coral, Acetate Window Sheet
Embellishments: Basic Jewels Rhinestone, Stampin Spritz Shimmer Mist
1. Cut Whisper White Cardstock to 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, fold in half to form your base card.
2. Using a piece of acetate or window sheet and a sponge dauber start in the middle of the folded card base, form a diagonal line by lining up the window sheet from the top left corner to the bottom right corner and begin to sponge the lost lagoon ink off of the window sheet onto the card base to form the pillow top lines. Repeat by moving the acetate (window sheet) down by 1 inch at a time until you have completed the bottom half of the card base.
Tip: Ink the sponge dauber and using short swirl like strokes, start on the window sheet moving off slightly onto the card stock to form the lines. You want blended lines not hard circles of ink.
3. To complete the top of the card base return to the center diagonal line and begin to move upward 1 inch at a time until the entire card base is complete.
4. Next turn the base 1/4 turn to the right and repeat steps 2 and 3 to form the diamond pattern.
5. Cut Calypso Coral cardstock to 3-5/8 x 4-7/8
6. Cut a Whisper White cardstock to 3-1/5 x 4-3/4 this is your focal image layer.
7. Using a piece of scrap computer paper or post it note , stamp the flower image and fussy cut it out to make your mask.
Focal Image Layer:
8. Next stamp the border image from the butterfly basics stamp set about 1-1/4 inch from the bottom of the whisper white image layer using the Lost Lagoon ink.
9. Then stamp the flower image from the Basic Butterflies stamp set slightly off centered in Calypso Coral (see card example above).
10. Cover the flower image you just stamped with the mask you created and stamp the leaf image from the butterfly basics stamp set in Pear Pizzazz, stamp the second leaf without re-inking to form a lighter shade and contrast.
Tip: If your mask causes a slight gap between the flower and the leaves, just fill in using your Pear Pizzazz stampin write marker.
11. Remove mask and stamp your sentiment.
12. Adhere and center the focal image layer to the calypso coral layer you prepared from step 4 and then glue to the card base.
Tip: You can add some added dimension to your project by using dimensionals to adhere the calypso coral framed focal image to the card base.
Cut out 2 of the medium butterflies from the butterflies thinlets, in whisper white
spritz with calypso coral shimmer mist and daffodil delights mist, let dry adhere with glue dots down the cent of the butterflies body and add the rhinestones basic jewels.
Shimmer Mist Recipe:
* Using the Stampin Spritzers, add 1 part alcohol and 2 drops of calypso coral ink into the spritzer. To give it a metallic or pearlized sheen I also added a drop of iridescent ink, ( Stampin Up discontinued the iridescent ink pad and refill last year).
* Repeat in a separate mister to create the Daffodil Delight mist.
* You may also use shimmer mist from your local craft store to get the same results.
The Butterfly Basics Bundle can be purchased starting January 6, 2015 by visiting http://www.LeahsCards.stampinup.net or click on the Shop Now links on the right.
Thanks For Stopping By!