Handmade premium Acrylic, machine washable baby layette.
made to order, choose colors and size, cost for set $250.00.
Price per item available by request to LeahsCards@live.com
For Visiting Leah’s Cards & Crafts
This hat was created for my sister in Christ Rev. Gloria Garner, she was being honored at her church for her and her Husbands Pastoral Anniversary to SAFCOG. I wanted to gift her with one of my crochet creations because she has been such a wonderful supporter of my talents and a good friend. So after I was challenged by OVW on YouTube to make a cable ear flap hat that OVW designed and taught I put on my creative cap grabbed a piece of graph paper and this is what I came up with. To see the black ear flap hat check out my Crochet hat and Scoodie page above.
For the pattern to the Black Cable Textured Beanie that inspired my hat check out Onevirtuouswoman on YouTube.
I know it’s been a while since I uploaded a post but I have been very busy. I thought you may like to see the latest project I had to create for my good
friend, Pastor Mark Bethune’s wedding.
It is a metallic gate fold ceremony program.
I had purchased a new product from Crafters Companion called the Cut’N’ Boss. It was wonderful to use and great for helping me emboss 100 program. It saved my arm and I was grateful for not having to crank them manually. The machine is similar to the Tim Holtz Vaga Bond but it allows me to cut and emboss larger mediums as well as the Sizzix and Spellbinders folders and Dies I currently use.
I really enjoyed using it and If you are in the market for an automatic die cutter and embosser it is definitely worth a look at. The only con I have is it isn’t the fastest machine on the market but it really does a great job and I can be patient with it since it gives me such great results.
I also created a couple of prototypes for the couple to choose from that I will post below.
If you are interested in purchasing any of my designs or the Cut’N’Boss, please contact me at http://www.LeahsCards@live.com
Thanks for stopping by,
Have a wonderful and blessed day!
Stampin Up Butterfly Basics Bundle is a must have!
This card was inspired by a card project I found in the new Occassions Catalog to be released January 6, 2015. I love the images and dies in this bundle, the butterflies are elegant and so intricate they look like they are fluttering off the card. The thank you sentiment is from the Blooming with kindness stamp set and the background was created using the pillow top technique. I cut out the butterfly dies and colored them with DIY shimmer mist.
As a Stampin UP Demonstrator I received the latest Stampin Up Occasions Catalog during the Catalog pre-release celebration held earlier this month and we are currently allowed as demonstrators to pre-order the products so that we can begin creating card projects to help inspire you our customers. If you would like to become a Stampin UP Demonstrator and join me in receiving a great discount, potential to earn extra income as well as to receive the latest Stampin Up products ahead of the public, send me an email at LeahsCards@live.com and I will tell you how you can get started on this wonderful journey with me as a Independent Stampin Up Demonstrator.
The annual Sale-A- Bration and Occasions catalog promo is really exciting. Their will be rewards of free products and a fresh new product line for the spring. So keep checking back to http://www.LeahsCards.com, for updates as I prepare for this wonderful, highly anticipated annual event.
If you are a current customer of Leah’s Cards you will receive your copy of the New catalogue starting December 22, 2014. As a gift from me to you for being a valued customer.
If you do not have a Stampin Up Demonstrator, I would love the opportunity to help you and earn your business. If you will email me your mailing address I will be happy to get the latest catalogs sent to you.
Please subscribe to Leah’s Cards to get card making and crafting tutorials as well as the latest Stampin Up promotions.
If you leave me a kind comment you will be entered into an automatic drawing held at the end of each month. The winner will receive a gift from me as a thank you for being a valued subscriber of Leah’s Cards. You must be a subscriber in order to be entered into the drawing.
Inks: Calypso Coral, Lost Lagoon, Pear Pizzazz
Stamp Sets: Butterfly Basics Bundle, Blooming With Kindness
Card Stock: Whisper White, Calypso Coral, Acetate Window Sheet
Embellishments: Basic Jewels Rhinestone, Stampin Spritz Shimmer Mist
1. Cut Whisper White Cardstock to 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, fold in half to form your base card.
2. Using a piece of acetate or window sheet and a sponge dauber start in the middle of the folded card base, form a diagonal line by lining up the window sheet from the top left corner to the bottom right corner and begin to sponge the lost lagoon ink off of the window sheet onto the card base to form the pillow top lines. Repeat by moving the acetate (window sheet) down by 1 inch at a time until you have completed the bottom half of the card base.
Tip: Ink the sponge dauber and using short swirl like strokes, start on the window sheet moving off slightly onto the card stock to form the lines. You want blended lines not hard circles of ink.
3. To complete the top of the card base return to the center diagonal line and begin to move upward 1 inch at a time until the entire card base is complete.
4. Next turn the base 1/4 turn to the right and repeat steps 2 and 3 to form the diamond pattern.
5. Cut Calypso Coral cardstock to 3-5/8 x 4-7/8
6. Cut a Whisper White cardstock to 3-1/5 x 4-3/4 this is your focal image layer.
7. Using a piece of scrap computer paper or post it note , stamp the flower image and fussy cut it out to make your mask.
Focal Image Layer:
8. Next stamp the border image from the butterfly basics stamp set about 1-1/4 inch from the bottom of the whisper white image layer using the Lost Lagoon ink.
9. Then stamp the flower image from the Basic Butterflies stamp set slightly off centered in Calypso Coral (see card example above).
10. Cover the flower image you just stamped with the mask you created and stamp the leaf image from the butterfly basics stamp set in Pear Pizzazz, stamp the second leaf without re-inking to form a lighter shade and contrast.
Tip: If your mask causes a slight gap between the flower and the leaves, just fill in using your Pear Pizzazz stampin write marker.
11. Remove mask and stamp your sentiment.
12. Adhere and center the focal image layer to the calypso coral layer you prepared from step 4 and then glue to the card base.
Tip: You can add some added dimension to your project by using dimensionals to adhere the calypso coral framed focal image to the card base.
Cut out 2 of the medium butterflies from the butterflies thinlets, in whisper white
spritz with calypso coral shimmer mist and daffodil delights mist, let dry adhere with glue dots down the cent of the butterflies body and add the rhinestones basic jewels.
Shimmer Mist Recipe:
* Using the Stampin Spritzers, add 1 part alcohol and 2 drops of calypso coral ink into the spritzer. To give it a metallic or pearlized sheen I also added a drop of iridescent ink, ( Stampin Up discontinued the iridescent ink pad and refill last year).
* Repeat in a separate mister to create the Daffodil Delight mist.
* You may also use shimmer mist from your local craft store to get the same results.
The Butterfly Basics Bundle can be purchased starting January 6, 2015 by visiting http://www.LeahsCards.stampinup.net or click on the Shop Now links on the right.
Good afternoon Stampers!
Todays card comes from the Stampin Up Making Spirits Bright stamp set.
It is a must have set that celebrates not only the holidays but weddings, birthdays or just a lets get together occasion.
I created this card using Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Blendabilities Alcohol Markers, pearl embossing paste and more.
Today is the last day to participate in the Anniversary Celebration. If you are a subscriber and you leave me a kind comment you will be automatically entered in the free gift drawing. The winner will be announced next week so please if you have liked any of the projects this month I hope you subscribe and leave me a kind note.
If you purchase $50.00 or more from Leah’s Cards this month you will be entered in the drawing to when free Stampin Up products. So don’t delay, Leah’s Cards Promo will end on Friday at 11:59 p.m. eastern.
If you would like to purchase the items used please click on the images below or you can click the shop now and it will re-direct you to my online store.
Happy Halloween to all!
This is my latest Christmas Card project to end my Anniversary Celebration.
As I reflect on this last year I was so excited to purchase this new photopolymer stamp set from Stampin Up called “Gentle Peace”
It is a beautiful stamp set that reminds us of why we celebrate Christmas and I felt it was the best way for me to end Leah’s Cards Celebration month.
I created this card using a window sheet, coloring it with Crystal Effects, ink refills and Blendabilities, dusted with Dazzling Diamonds glitter.
I will post the full tutorial soon so if you are a subscriber you will receive the email notification when it post.
If you would like to purchase this stamp set please click on the stamp set image below or you can click the shop now and it will re-direct you to my online store
Don’t forget, you have a few more days to participate in the Anniversary Celebration. If you are a subscriber and you leave me a kind comment you will be automatically entered in the free gift drawing. The winner will be announced next week so please if you have liked any of the projects this month I hope you subscribe and leave me a kind note.
If you purchase $50.00 or more from Leah’s Cards this month you will be entered in the drawing to when a free Stampin Up products. So don’t delay, Leah’s Cards Promo will end on Friday at 11:59 p.m. eastern.
Check out the second card Project created for
Leah’s Cards Anniversary Celebration Month
The Newborn King!
When designing this artsy card I used sponge daubers and ink to create a bright star lite sky illuminating the earth to celebrate and announce the birth of the Newborn King and Savor, Jesus Christ!
Cut 1 piece of Night of Navy card stock to 5-1/2 x 11″ and fold in half to 5-1/2 x 4-1/4
Cut 2 piece of gold foil sheets to, 5-1/4 x 4″ center and attach 1 piece with adhesive to the top of the night of navy card base and the other you will center and attach for the inside of the card
Cut 2 piece of shimmery white card stock to 5 x 3-3/4 set on aside we will use it for the inside of the card
* Take 1 of the shimmery white 5 x 3-3/4 card stock pieces and stamp the Newborn King stamp main and star image in versa mark water mark ink, heat emboss using gold embossing powder and set with the Stampin heat tool.
* Next add some crumb cake ink at thae very bottom of the image by using a clean sponge dauber. Start off the page and work the ink inward onto the bottom of the focal image
Tip: When shading and adding ink with the sponge dauber start off the page on a piece if scrap to prime the ink and work in a circular motion onto the project.
* Now using another clean sponge dauber add So Saffron ink, layering it slightly by over lapping it at the top of the crumb cake ink to give it a soft graduale blend of color moving upward from the bottom.
Tip: Don’t forget to always prime your dauber off the page so that you get a smooth transition of color rather then a harsh transition line.
* Add Pink Pirouette ink, slightly overlapping the So Saffron.
Tip: Each hue will get lighter as you get closer to the stars. You want to leave some white space around the stars so they look like they are shining brightly.
* Start off the page using a sponge dauber and Soft Sky ink filling in the sky and all outer edges
* Next leaving some of the soft sky ink to show add night of navy ink with a clean dauber
Tip: you do not want the pink pirouette to touch the blue sky so leave some white space above the pink pirouette so that the hues of yellow and pink give the sky the allusion that the darkness is all around the star lite sky.
* Stamp the sentiment (Merry Christmas) using versa Mark water mark ink and heat emboss it with white embossing powder
* Color the All Is Calm Snowflake Embellishment with the blendabilities Daffodil Delight darkest alcohol marker to change the silver snowflake gold, then adhere with fast fuse adhesive over the stamped embossed star off setting the star points.
* Glue now completed focal image panel to the center of the gold foil panel.
Tip: When using the blender pen you can pick up the ink on to the nib of the pen by using a ink refill or a Stampin write maker and drop a little ink on a clear block, craft mat or press the inside cover of the ink pad and pick up the ink from the inside lid.
* Color Mary’s garment and accent Joseph belt and head cover in real red.
* Then color Mary head piece, Josheph’s clothing and highlight Jesus’s basket in white with the Uni-ball white gel pen.
* Next color and accent the trees with the blender pen by dipping the tip of the pen in the red ink to color the waves on the trees, once you have colored the the trees red scrbble the access ink of a piece of scrap paper until the blender pen runs clear
Inside Card Instructions:
* Stamp the Newborn King stamp set star in the top center of the Shimmery white card stock you cut earlier, with the Versa Mark water mark ink and heat emboss it with gold embossing powder
* Add some sparkle by adding some glue to the center of the star using the two way glue pen and dust it with dazzling diamonds glitter for a touch of sparkle
* Next stamp the Glory to the Newborn King in night of Navy and then stamp the sentiment message from the Newborn king set, off to the right in Encore Gold Metallic ink.
heat set to dry with your Stampin heat tool. If you want to take it a step further add clear embossing powder to the wet ink and then heat set.
* Adhere the Gold Foil cardstock to the inside Night of Navy card stock with adhesive
* Lastly center and layer the inside sentiment panel on top of the Gold Foil panel then adhere to the inside base and enjoy!
The Newborn King Stamp set, item #135113 clear & wood, item #135110
Night of Navy Card Stock, item#100867
Shimmery White Card Stock, item #101910
Gold Foil Sheets, item #132622
Gold Embossing Powder, item #109129
Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Item#133751
Versa Mark Ink item #102283
Metallic Encore Ink Gold, item #132141
Blender Pen, item #102845
Daffodil Delight Blendabilities Marker, item #130998
Sponge Daubers, item #133773
Uni-ball white gel pen, item #105021
Stampin Heat tool, item #12953
two way glue pen, item # 100425
Fast Fuse Adhesive, item # 129026
Soft Sky Ink
Night of Navy Ink
Pink Pirouette Ink
Crumb Cake Ink
So Saffron Ink
Real Red Ink
Cajun Craze Ink
Chocolate Chip Ink
Please come back and visit again!
If you are in need of a Stampin Up Demonstrator I would love to earn your business.
Contact me at LeahCards@live.com and I can help you get started
This months first card tutorial is a challenging card that I was inspired to create to help challenge my October, Christmas Bliss Extravaganza Stamp Camp friends. The afternoon was filled with fun, prizes and wonderful fellowship. I am so grateful to all of my friends and family for their continued support of me and my business. Thank You So Much!!!
Help me Congratulate Carolyn, Melissa, Janette and Michele on wining the various prizes given during the event.
I would love for you to share in this celebration with me.
Thank you so much for all of your gracious comments and support.
It means the world to me to have you as not only a subscriber but a friend.
I feel blessed to have you share in this special time and I thank you for being a valued part of Leah’s Cards! Thank You!
Please don’t forget as a subscriber, to participate in the celebration by leaving me a kind note so that you will be automatically entered into the free gift drawing.
If you place an order of $50.00 or more you will be entered in the drawing to win a free Stampin Up product.
This Promo is for Leah’s Cards customers and subscribers only.
The first Tuesday in November I will announce the winners!
* Cut (1) Real Red Cardstock, 4 1/4 x 5 1/2″, using the base card template provided. (If you would like to know how I achieved the template I will post it below).
* Cut (2) gate panels in real red at 2-1/2 x 5-1/2 then score at 2-1/8 on the Stampin Paper Trimmer ( if using a score board you will want to score at 3/8).
* Fold the 3/8th tab so that each gate will measure 2-1/8 by folding one tab under on the right and the other on the left, ( you can turn the panels and fold
them to have the folds one on each side)
* Stack the 2 gate panels on top of each other with the 3/8 folded tabs facing under.
* Next using the big shot and the labels framlit 4 (Count the framlit from the largest to the smallest and us the fourth one in)
* Leaving the 2 gates stacked on top of each other slip the gate through the framlit so that the top of the gate panels is under the cutting blade and the bottom is laying on top of the die.
* Take and make your cutting sandwich but instead of covering with the clear top plate completely you will just cove the die and panel halfway, (you only want to cut the top)
* Now using the stripes embossing folder only emboss the 2 stacked gate panels up to a 3rd of the gate length leaving 1-1/4″ of the top with out being textured by the embossing folder, cut the 3/8″ tab off to the start of the gate stripes line as shown below.
* Next using the Versa Mark water mark in and the Flowering flourishes stamp set mask off the gate so that only the 1-1/4″ top on both sides is heat embossed with gold embossing powder and then add the antique brads to the front of each gate.
* Wrap the 1/8 metallic gold ribbon around the top of each gate as shown in picture above.
* Cut 2 whisper white inside gate panels for the sentiment at 1-7/8 x 3-3/8
* Sponge lightly around the edges to add depth and stamp the sentiment in versa mark water mark ink then heat emboss with gold embossing powder.
* Now attach each gate to the red base with the tabs facing inside the card. ( the tabs will be covered with the white door frame)
* Adhere and center the sentiment panels to the inside of each gate.
* You may need to cut off and even up the bottom of the gate with the card base after it’s attached. ( The extra length of the gate is so that when you cut the shape using the labels framlit you don’t cut it to short)
How to create the center panel card base ( template has been provided above)
* I traced the top left half circle design from the left gate panel I then repeated it on the right
* Next using circle framlit 2 I cut a half circle out that would connect to the two humps I traced
* Then cut out the traced humps with paper snips
* Stamp with the Hardwood background stamp in crumb cake, (Stamp off first so it wont be to dark)
* You can print and trace this template or using the circle framelits 2 (counting in from the outer circle) cut a half circle in the top
* Next using the circle framelit 4 cut a half circle as shown, do not cut all the way down.
* Using the Stampin Trimmer cut away the straight line of the half circle to form the window
* Cut away the inside door panel to complete the door frame and set aside for later you will use the hardwood square to form the door panels
* Once your door frame is complete you will take the square panel you cut away and cut (2) 1-5/8 x 2, square panels and (2) 1-5/8 x 1-1/4 distress edges by sponging the edges with crumb cake to add depth
* Then add the panels leaving a 1/8″ gap on each side to form the door
window frame using the Big shot
* Next using circle framlit 4 cut only a 3rd of the way leaving a 1/4″ on the bottom uncut.
* Using the stampin paper trimmer cut the inside half circle out to complete the window frame as shown below
* Cut a piece of vellum 3-1/ x 1-3/4 and cut only using the circle framelit 4 to for a half circle
* Using the smallest circle framlit 10 blade side up, a mouse pad and stylist mold the a center half circle as shown below.
* Next score the vellum at the 1/2 way make of the center circle you created
Tip: print the window template below layer the vellum on top of the template and trace with a stylist on a mouse pad
* Now adhere by layering underneath window frame.
* Then adhere to the frame of the white door window to frame it
* Cut one 3-1/2 x 3-1/2 piece of whisper white cards stock (I used shimmering white card stock to give it a little sparkle)
* Stamp the wreath base in old olive, then the 2nd layer in garden green.
* Now stamp the little berries using cherry cobbler and embellish with the basic rhinestone jewels.
* You may want to use the flowers also in the Wondrous Wreath bundle, if so I stamped it in cherry cobbler on scrap whisper white card stock and added a little sparkle with my Wink of Stella clear pen.
* Cut 1 bow from the red glimmer card stock using the wonderful wreath bow framlit.
* Attach the wreath and embellish with the glimmer bow and Jewels.
* To color the jewels I used the cherry cobbler blendabilities marker.
Wondrous Wreath Bundle, Flowering Flourishes, More Merry Messages (Retired), Hardwood
Red Glimmer Paper, Real Red, Whisper White, Vellum
Crumb Cake, Mossy Meadow, Versa Mark Water Mark Ink, Garden Green, Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive
Stripes Embossing Folder (Retired), Gold Embossing Powder
Labels Collection Framelits
Gold Metallic Ribbon
Basic Jewels, Rhinestones
Stampin Paper Trimmer
This would be a great gift for someone decorating a new office, a teacher, family member or a good friend.
It’s a simple quick project that gives a big Wow after your finished.
2. Score at 3-1/8, 3-1/2, 6-1/2, and 6-7/8
3. Line up label collection framlit 4 at the top
Tip: count the framelits starting from the center, ( smallest framelit) until you get to the 4th one
Tip: The top is the side with the shortest distance from the first score line, the bottom forms a 3-1/8 x 3-1/2 box from the last score line to the edge of the paper.
4. Using the Big Shot and the Magnetic Platform layer the clear plate 1/2 way from the left point to the right point only cutting the top half of the die and the paper as shown. Also cut 1 label for the sentiment using label collection framelit # 2 in Daffodil Delight, stamp your sentiment and set aside
5. Next stamp both sides of the Post It Note cover base with the Flowering Flourishes Stamp in Versamark Ink and heat Emboss it with the gold embossing powder and set with the heat tool
6. Punch out 3 Fun Flowers in Daffodil Delight Card Stock, then sponge the edges with Black Berry Bliss Ink
7. Using a bone folder shape each petal under and every other petal over, to give them a realistic shape
8. Stack the 3 flowers by using a glue dot in between each layer off setting the petals.
Tip: You may also use a brad to stack the flower, I found it was just easier for me to use the glue dot
Prepare The Butterfly
9. Stamp 1 large Papillon Potpourri Butterfly in Versamark Ink on the black berry bliss card stock and heat emboss in the gold embossing powder, Punch out using the Elegant Butterfly Punch
10. Stamp the small Papillon Potpourri Butterfly in Black Berry Bliss ink on daffodil delight card stock and punch out with the itty bitty punch
Tip: You may shape the butter fly and puff it to add a more 3d effect to the project, see the tutorial at this link, http://www.leahscards.wordpress.com/2014/04/08/creative-elements-butterfly-3d-technique-tuesday/
12. Now glue the 3d flower to the top flap of the post it note cover
13. Center the 3×3 Post It Note pad and adhere with adhesive to the inside center panel of the cover base
14. Add the Super Slim Small Magnetic + disc or Velcro with red sticky strip or a very strong adhesive to the underside of the cover top flap. Center and add the – magnet to the underside of the bottom of the post it note cover.
15. Embellish with Rhinestones and enjoy
Fun Flower Punch, item #133785
Labels Collection Framelits, item # 125598
Elegant Butterfly Punch, item #127526
Bitty Butterfly Punch, item #129406
Feels Good Stamp set, item #129684
Flowering Flourishes Stamp set, item #126367 – Clear, 131998 – Wood
Papillon Potpourri Butterfly, item #123759 – clear, 132058 – Wood
Gold Stampin Emboss Powder, item #109129
Versamark Watermark Ink Pad item #102283
Super Slim Small Magnetic disc or Velcro
Simply Scored, item #122334
Stamping Sponge, item # 11610
Daffodil Delight Card stock, item #119683
Black Berry Bliss Card stock, item #133675
Black Berry Bliss Ink Pad , item #133642
Big Shot, Item#11439
Big Shot Magnetic Platform, Item#130658
Bone Folder, item #102300
Sticky Strip, item #104294
Glue Dots, item #103683
Basic Jewels Rhinestones, item #119246
Stampin Up Heat Tool, item #129053
3×3 Post It Note
Thank you so much for stopping by
and to all my subscribers,
For being a valued part of Leah’s Cards!
Good Afternoon Crafters,
Thank You So Much for subscribing to Leah’s Cards!
As promised I have finally been able to release my next card tutorial video, Stampin Up Everything Eleanor, Yah!!!
It as been a struggle to get the videos completed but we have, (I Pray) resolved the technical problems and will be uploading many more card inspirations and craft tutorials.
or click on the photo above to watch my latest project video.
Leave me a kind note after you watch the video tutorial and I will choose a comment at the end of the month and send you out a free gift from Leah’s Cards. You must be a subscriber to win the free gift.
Thank You for being a valued part of Leah’s Cards
Have a Fantastic Afternoon!