Handmade premium Acrylic, machine washable baby layette.
made to order, choose colors and size, cost for set $250.00.
Price per item available by request to LeahsCards@live.com
For Visiting Leah’s Cards & Crafts
This hat was created for my sister in Christ Rev. Gloria Garner, she was being honored at her church for her and her Husbands Pastoral Anniversary to SAFCOG. I wanted to gift her with one of my crochet creations because she has been such a wonderful supporter of my talents and a good friend. So after I was challenged by OVW on YouTube to make a cable ear flap hat that OVW designed and taught I put on my creative cap grabbed a piece of graph paper and this is what I came up with. To see the black ear flap hat check out my Crochet hat and Scoodie page above.
For the pattern to the Black Cable Textured Beanie that inspired my hat check out Onevirtuouswoman on YouTube.
I know it’s been a while since I uploaded a post but I have been very busy. I thought you may like to see the latest project I had to create for my good
friend, Pastor Mark Bethune’s wedding.
It is a metallic gate fold ceremony program.
I had purchased a new product from Crafters Companion called the Cut’N’ Boss. It was wonderful to use and great for helping me emboss 100 program. It saved my arm and I was grateful for not having to crank them manually. The machine is similar to the Tim Holtz Vaga Bond but it allows me to cut and emboss larger mediums as well as the Sizzix and Spellbinders folders and Dies I currently use.
I really enjoyed using it and If you are in the market for an automatic die cutter and embosser it is definitely worth a look at. The only con I have is it isn’t the fastest machine on the market but it really does a great job and I can be patient with it since it gives me such great results.
I also created a couple of prototypes for the couple to choose from that I will post below.
If you are interested in purchasing any of my designs or the Cut’N’Boss, please contact me at http://www.LeahsCards@live.com
Thanks for stopping by,
Have a wonderful and blessed day!
Stampin Up Butterfly Basics Bundle is a must have!
This card was inspired by a card project I found in the new Occassions Catalog to be released January 6, 2015. I love the images and dies in this bundle, the butterflies are elegant and so intricate they look like they are fluttering off the card. The thank you sentiment is from the Blooming with kindness stamp set and the background was created using the pillow top technique. I cut out the butterfly dies and colored them with DIY shimmer mist.
As a Stampin UP Demonstrator I received the latest Stampin Up Occasions Catalog during the Catalog pre-release celebration held earlier this month and we are currently allowed as demonstrators to pre-order the products so that we can begin creating card projects to help inspire you our customers. If you would like to become a Stampin UP Demonstrator and join me in receiving a great discount, potential to earn extra income as well as to receive the latest Stampin Up products ahead of the public, send me an email at LeahsCards@live.com and I will tell you how you can get started on this wonderful journey with me as a Independent Stampin Up Demonstrator.
The annual Sale-A- Bration and Occasions catalog promo is really exciting. Their will be rewards of free products and a fresh new product line for the spring. So keep checking back to http://www.LeahsCards.com, for updates as I prepare for this wonderful, highly anticipated annual event.
If you are a current customer of Leah’s Cards you will receive your copy of the New catalogue starting December 22, 2014. As a gift from me to you for being a valued customer.
If you do not have a Stampin Up Demonstrator, I would love the opportunity to help you and earn your business. If you will email me your mailing address I will be happy to get the latest catalogs sent to you.
Please subscribe to Leah’s Cards to get card making and crafting tutorials as well as the latest Stampin Up promotions.
If you leave me a kind comment you will be entered into an automatic drawing held at the end of each month. The winner will receive a gift from me as a thank you for being a valued subscriber of Leah’s Cards. You must be a subscriber in order to be entered into the drawing.
Inks: Calypso Coral, Lost Lagoon, Pear Pizzazz
Stamp Sets: Butterfly Basics Bundle, Blooming With Kindness
Card Stock: Whisper White, Calypso Coral, Acetate Window Sheet
Embellishments: Basic Jewels Rhinestone, Stampin Spritz Shimmer Mist
1. Cut Whisper White Cardstock to 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, fold in half to form your base card.
2. Using a piece of acetate or window sheet and a sponge dauber start in the middle of the folded card base, form a diagonal line by lining up the window sheet from the top left corner to the bottom right corner and begin to sponge the lost lagoon ink off of the window sheet onto the card base to form the pillow top lines. Repeat by moving the acetate (window sheet) down by 1 inch at a time until you have completed the bottom half of the card base.
Tip: Ink the sponge dauber and using short swirl like strokes, start on the window sheet moving off slightly onto the card stock to form the lines. You want blended lines not hard circles of ink.
3. To complete the top of the card base return to the center diagonal line and begin to move upward 1 inch at a time until the entire card base is complete.
4. Next turn the base 1/4 turn to the right and repeat steps 2 and 3 to form the diamond pattern.
5. Cut Calypso Coral cardstock to 3-5/8 x 4-7/8
6. Cut a Whisper White cardstock to 3-1/5 x 4-3/4 this is your focal image layer.
7. Using a piece of scrap computer paper or post it note , stamp the flower image and fussy cut it out to make your mask.
Focal Image Layer:
8. Next stamp the border image from the butterfly basics stamp set about 1-1/4 inch from the bottom of the whisper white image layer using the Lost Lagoon ink.
9. Then stamp the flower image from the Basic Butterflies stamp set slightly off centered in Calypso Coral (see card example above).
10. Cover the flower image you just stamped with the mask you created and stamp the leaf image from the butterfly basics stamp set in Pear Pizzazz, stamp the second leaf without re-inking to form a lighter shade and contrast.
Tip: If your mask causes a slight gap between the flower and the leaves, just fill in using your Pear Pizzazz stampin write marker.
11. Remove mask and stamp your sentiment.
12. Adhere and center the focal image layer to the calypso coral layer you prepared from step 4 and then glue to the card base.
Tip: You can add some added dimension to your project by using dimensionals to adhere the calypso coral framed focal image to the card base.
Cut out 2 of the medium butterflies from the butterflies thinlets, in whisper white
spritz with calypso coral shimmer mist and daffodil delights mist, let dry adhere with glue dots down the cent of the butterflies body and add the rhinestones basic jewels.
Shimmer Mist Recipe:
* Using the Stampin Spritzers, add 1 part alcohol and 2 drops of calypso coral ink into the spritzer. To give it a metallic or pearlized sheen I also added a drop of iridescent ink, ( Stampin Up discontinued the iridescent ink pad and refill last year).
* Repeat in a separate mister to create the Daffodil Delight mist.
* You may also use shimmer mist from your local craft store to get the same results.
The Butterfly Basics Bundle can be purchased starting January 6, 2015 by visiting http://www.LeahsCards.stampinup.net or click on the Shop Now links on the right.
Good afternoon Stampers!
Todays card comes from the Stampin Up Making Spirits Bright stamp set.
It is a must have set that celebrates not only the holidays but weddings, birthdays or just a lets get together occasion.
I created this card using Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Blendabilities Alcohol Markers, pearl embossing paste and more.
Today is the last day to participate in the Anniversary Celebration. If you are a subscriber and you leave me a kind comment you will be automatically entered in the free gift drawing. The winner will be announced next week so please if you have liked any of the projects this month I hope you subscribe and leave me a kind note.
If you purchase $50.00 or more from Leah’s Cards this month you will be entered in the drawing to when free Stampin Up products. So don’t delay, Leah’s Cards Promo will end on Friday at 11:59 p.m. eastern.
If you would like to purchase the items used please click on the images below or you can click the shop now and it will re-direct you to my online store.
Happy Halloween to all!
This is my latest Christmas Card project to end my Anniversary Celebration.
As I reflect on this last year I was so excited to purchase this new photopolymer stamp set from Stampin Up called “Gentle Peace”
It is a beautiful stamp set that reminds us of why we celebrate Christmas and I felt it was the best way for me to end Leah’s Cards Celebration month.
I created this card using a window sheet, coloring it with Crystal Effects, ink refills and Blendabilities, dusted with Dazzling Diamonds glitter.
I will post the full tutorial soon so if you are a subscriber you will receive the email notification when it post.
If you would like to purchase this stamp set please click on the stamp set image below or you can click the shop now and it will re-direct you to my online store
Don’t forget, you have a few more days to participate in the Anniversary Celebration. If you are a subscriber and you leave me a kind comment you will be automatically entered in the free gift drawing. The winner will be announced next week so please if you have liked any of the projects this month I hope you subscribe and leave me a kind note.
If you purchase $50.00 or more from Leah’s Cards this month you will be entered in the drawing to when a free Stampin Up products. So don’t delay, Leah’s Cards Promo will end on Friday at 11:59 p.m. eastern.
Check out the second card Project created for
Leah’s Cards Anniversary Celebration Month
The Newborn King!
When designing this artsy card I used sponge daubers and ink to create a bright star lite sky illuminating the earth to celebrate and announce the birth of the Newborn King and Savor, Jesus Christ!
Cut 1 piece of Night of Navy card stock to 5-1/2 x 11″ and fold in half to 5-1/2 x 4-1/4
Cut 2 piece of gold foil sheets to, 5-1/4 x 4″ center and attach 1 piece with adhesive to the top of the night of navy card base and the other you will center and attach for the inside of the card
Cut 2 piece of shimmery white card stock to 5 x 3-3/4 set on aside we will use it for the inside of the card
* Take 1 of the shimmery white 5 x 3-3/4 card stock pieces and stamp the Newborn King stamp main and star image in versa mark water mark ink, heat emboss using gold embossing powder and set with the Stampin heat tool.
* Next add some crumb cake ink at thae very bottom of the image by using a clean sponge dauber. Start off the page and work the ink inward onto the bottom of the focal image
Tip: When shading and adding ink with the sponge dauber start off the page on a piece if scrap to prime the ink and work in a circular motion onto the project.
* Now using another clean sponge dauber add So Saffron ink, layering it slightly by over lapping it at the top of the crumb cake ink to give it a soft graduale blend of color moving upward from the bottom.
Tip: Don’t forget to always prime your dauber off the page so that you get a smooth transition of color rather then a harsh transition line.
* Add Pink Pirouette ink, slightly overlapping the So Saffron.
Tip: Each hue will get lighter as you get closer to the stars. You want to leave some white space around the stars so they look like they are shining brightly.
* Start off the page using a sponge dauber and Soft Sky ink filling in the sky and all outer edges
* Next leaving some of the soft sky ink to show add night of navy ink with a clean dauber
Tip: you do not want the pink pirouette to touch the blue sky so leave some white space above the pink pirouette so that the hues of yellow and pink give the sky the allusion that the darkness is all around the star lite sky.
* Stamp the sentiment (Merry Christmas) using versa Mark water mark ink and heat emboss it with white embossing powder
* Color the All Is Calm Snowflake Embellishment with the blendabilities Daffodil Delight darkest alcohol marker to change the silver snowflake gold, then adhere with fast fuse adhesive over the stamped embossed star off setting the star points.
* Glue now completed focal image panel to the center of the gold foil panel.
Tip: When using the blender pen you can pick up the ink on to the nib of the pen by using a ink refill or a Stampin write maker and drop a little ink on a clear block, craft mat or press the inside cover of the ink pad and pick up the ink from the inside lid.
* Color Mary’s garment and accent Joseph belt and head cover in real red.
* Then color Mary head piece, Josheph’s clothing and highlight Jesus’s basket in white with the Uni-ball white gel pen.
* Next color and accent the trees with the blender pen by dipping the tip of the pen in the red ink to color the waves on the trees, once you have colored the the trees red scrbble the access ink of a piece of scrap paper until the blender pen runs clear
Inside Card Instructions:
* Stamp the Newborn King stamp set star in the top center of the Shimmery white card stock you cut earlier, with the Versa Mark water mark ink and heat emboss it with gold embossing powder
* Add some sparkle by adding some glue to the center of the star using the two way glue pen and dust it with dazzling diamonds glitter for a touch of sparkle
* Next stamp the Glory to the Newborn King in night of Navy and then stamp the sentiment message from the Newborn king set, off to the right in Encore Gold Metallic ink.
heat set to dry with your Stampin heat tool. If you want to take it a step further add clear embossing powder to the wet ink and then heat set.
* Adhere the Gold Foil cardstock to the inside Night of Navy card stock with adhesive
* Lastly center and layer the inside sentiment panel on top of the Gold Foil panel then adhere to the inside base and enjoy!
The Newborn King Stamp set, item #135113 clear & wood, item #135110
Night of Navy Card Stock, item#100867
Shimmery White Card Stock, item #101910
Gold Foil Sheets, item #132622
Gold Embossing Powder, item #109129
Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Item#133751
Versa Mark Ink item #102283
Metallic Encore Ink Gold, item #132141
Blender Pen, item #102845
Daffodil Delight Blendabilities Marker, item #130998
Sponge Daubers, item #133773
Uni-ball white gel pen, item #105021
Stampin Heat tool, item #12953
two way glue pen, item # 100425
Fast Fuse Adhesive, item # 129026
Soft Sky Ink
Night of Navy Ink
Pink Pirouette Ink
Crumb Cake Ink
So Saffron Ink
Real Red Ink
Cajun Craze Ink
Chocolate Chip Ink
Please come back and visit again!
If you are in need of a Stampin Up Demonstrator I would love to earn your business.
Contact me at LeahCards@live.com and I can help you get started