This stunning wreath was created using my Stampin Up Designer Series Paper scraps. I made the bow from some poinsettia 1 1/2″ ribbon I purchased at my local craft store and the 3d poinsettia flower to add that special decorative element to the project. I really enjoyed making this wreath, it was so relaxing and fun to watch it come together as I added the paper curls to the Styrofoam wreath form. It took me about 2 hours while I was resting one evening after dinner watching TV. I hope you give it a try.
* One Styrofoam wreath form and the 1 1/2″ poinsettia ribbon was purchased from my local craft store
* 6 sheets of 12×12 holiday designer series paper, item# 132340, price – $10.95 or #132341, price – $12.95.
Tip: (I used scraps from a retired holiday DSP)
* Bone folder, item# 102300, price – 6.95
* Craft Scissors, item# 18360, price – $29.95
* Stampin trimmer, item# 126889, price – $29.95
* 1/4″ grosgrain real red ribbon, item # 126875, price – $4.95
* Sequence pins, purchased from my local craft store
* Tim Holtz tattered poinsettia die and companion embossing folder. If you don’t own it try using the 3d Joyful Christmas poinsettia flower I posted on YouTube. The flower tutorial is listed below.
Shop Now – Click Here!
1. take the 1/4″ real red ribbon and cut it 10″ long and loop in 1/2, knot the two ends together pin and glue it to the top of the wreath form to use as your hanger. You will not see it once you add the paper curls just leave the loop out so you can hang your wreath when its finished.
2. Using the stampin trimmer, cut the 12×12 sheets of double sided designer series paper into 1/2″ strips,
Tip: If your paper is one sided try adding some gold and silver ink and making your own designer series paper.
5. * Add your bow and the Joyful Christmas 3D poinsettia flower using a hot glue gun and enjoy.